By Pamela Singleton, Sonitrol Pacific Director of Communications
Posted February 11, 2009
Thurston County Sheriff Dan Kimball released an alert regarding a flurry of car prowl activity in that area.
Since I think awareness of security and safety is important no matter where you live or work, I wanted to pass on his tips.
Crime Prevention Tips:
-Make sure your vehicle is secure/windows closed.
– Remember, ensure that all valuables are not visible.
– Do not leave purses, wallets, electronic devices, and valuable information in your vehicle.
– Record all serial and model numbers of electronic devices left in vehicle.
– Park your vehicle in a well lit area.
– Often times sheriff’s deputies conduct traffic stops on individuals and find electronic devices that may be suspected stolen. Unfortunately, if the items are not recorded we cannot verify that they are stolen.